Companies have been moving away from IBM Notes/Domino for a few years, and that trend continued in 2015. As we’ve watched the Notes/Domino community shrink, we’ve moved some of the eggs in our basket so that we are well positioned to help our clients in the future. This planning, and a large development effort, resulted in one of our biggest successes for 2015, the release of DOCOVA SE, our SQL Edition. SE is now live in production at multiple client sites.
For some companies, reducing the risk of having critical documents and applications on one platform would be considered a major achievement, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. 2015 has been busy, and we’ve got a lot to show for it.
- DOCOVA SE 1.0 was released in the first quarter of 2015, and was followed up by V1.1 in the third quarter. v1.1 includes support for multiple languages.
- We completed the first installations of DOCOVA SE in the third and fourth quarters. More installations are scheduled for 2016.
- We migrated several of our DOCOVA for Domino customers to DOCOVA SE.
- We added to our migration tools lineup, adding the DOCOVA for Domino to DOCOVA SE migrator, as well as an IBM Quickr to DOCOVA migrator.
- In the fourth quarter we released DOCOVA 4.5. A standards based, zero-footprint install, cross-browser supported version. Same great features, but now you can run it on almost anything.
- Also in the fourth quarter we released DOCOVA 4.5.1 which added functionality to better support customers that wanted to migrate from Quickr to DOCOVA.
- Starting with DOCOVA 4.5, we released the DOCOVA Public File Access module. This allows users to make files available, in a controlled way, for download by users outside of DOCOVA.
- We released DOCOVA FileJockey, which enables access to DOCOVA via WebDav. Users can now work with files directly in Windows Explorer without having to load the DOCOVA interface if they choose.
- We added new DOCOVA business partners: Bradock Consulting (Australia), Lialis (Netherlands) and Resemble Systems (India)
… and we started development of DOCOVA 5.0
For us, 2015 was a turning point. We’re very excited about the future of DOCOVA!